Wednesday 22 September 2010

The X Files


At last, I can finally reveal my latest project.

For some time now I've been working on creating my own Men's Style Guide Application  for iPhones, iPads and iPods.

I've worked with some great stylists and creatives but realised that there's a lack of real fashion information for men. The more I investigated, the more fashion faux pas I could see men making - including myself over the years!

Men's fashion can be confusing and bewildering, so I started to think about how I could share some of the things I've learnt that can really help to change the way you look for the better, and how to simplify the choices that men have.

It's almost impossible to sum up in one paragraph just what the app does and how it works, but anyway, here goes.

The Style Guide is a styling aid for men that hopes to simplify the world of men's styling, tailoring and shopping. For someone who never aspired to be in fashion, over the years, I have noticed the real lack of back to basic tips and general information on men's fashion, compared with women's. Where information was available, in the main it seemed to point men to expensive high fashion trends and off the runway looks which are wonderful, but not necessarily accessible to everyone.

It aims to help men interpret their fashion choices based on style icons of today and in history, as well as on utility and budget. It also covers a basic guide where everything, from T-shirts, jeans, shoes and accessories, are explained. It features tailoring and suits and simplifies the many pitfalls that men can make in this area - even down to the fundamentals of how to tie the perfect Windsor or bow tie, and as we don't have any advertisers or sponsors involved, everything we suggest really is what we feel would truly benefit a man's wardrobe.

What started out as a small project started to gain momentum when names like Richard James, Rankin, Reiss, Diesel, Vivienne Westwood and others all got involved. Their input, along with acclaimed men's stylist and partner in crime for most of the project, Joe Ottaway, has been invaluable and together we have produced something that I hope will be a success but also benefit a lot of men.

Of course this means I may be scrutinized even more now for what I am wearing and my style choices. So, I suppose I'd better get rid of that lime green shell suit once and for all...

http://www.vogue.co.uk/blogs/david-gandy/default.aspx



Follow David Gandy~source~

0 commenti:

Post a Comment