Wednesday 20 October 2010

Quote Unquote


"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission, can alter the course of history"
Mohandas Gandhi.

A sleepless night last Tuesday led me to turning on the television to relieve the boredom at 3am. My timing couldn't have been more perfect, to witness a rather historic moment. After 69 days entombed in a rock fall, the first miners were being freed one by one, a moment in history, as we have never seen (and hopefully will never have to see again), these brave men rising 2,015ft out of the earth in the bullet shaped capsule - all rather surreal. The determination of those men and especially the drilling experts from America really has captured and transfixed the world. One of the best parts for me though, was the first words the second miner asked his wife as he embraced her: "how is the dog?", with a cheeky smile on his face - brilliant!
"If it's not broken, don't try and fix it"
I think I may rather annoy people with my ambitions and hopes. I never seem to be able to sit still and constantly want to change and improve things. But after a few weeks pondering and researching in the little spare time I have, I realised something. I had to go back to a Jaguar XK. I've chosen a specification that somehow looks better than the last. People have literally stopped me and asked me what car it is. I've even gone for the lower powered version (don't tell my guy friends!). I seem to be making any excuse to go for a drive - 50 yards down the road to get some milk maybe be going a little too far (or less, in this case). Just one thing - I need a name for her! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

http://www.vogue.co.uk/blogs/david-gandy/default.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I don´t know if you already have anything of this in your blog, but anyway:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/46126678@N02/with/4614078529/ (many pictures with David)

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11406382 (interview)

    ReplyDelete