Friday 19 November 2010

Behind Every Great Man


The saying goes that "behind every great man there is a great woman" or, as I prefer, "behind every great man there is a great women rolling her eyes".
At Select Model Agency there are 200+ great men and the driving force behind them is a rather wonderful lady called Tandy Anderson. Tandy is the founder and co-owner of Select and this week she has been deservedly voted in the Top Ten most influential black people in the UK on the annual Power List, which is quite something.
To be honest, I'm not sure this even does her justice - she could easily give Oprah and Barack Obama a run for their money!
Her drive, commitment, belief - and sometimes audacity - can be demonstrated no more clearly than her dedication to me and my career. I've often explained how when I came into modelling, for the first few years I was rejected by the majority of the fashion industry. There were many doubters, including myself at some points, to what I could achieve. However, Tandy never ever gave up and through blood, sweat, arguments and sometimes tears, I've got to where I have. If I was lucky enough to win Model Of The Year at the British Fashion Awards in December..... I certainly know who I would dedicate it to.
To any aspiring models out there. In my eyes there is only one worthy model agency to be represented by. Select's list of hugely successful male models is unprecedented and certainly worth a look (www.selectmodel.com).
Congratulations Tandy and thanks for all your support.


Monday night was the W Hotel's screening of Away We Stay at the Electric Cinema in Notting Hill. Although I still can't get used to watching myself, especially on the big cinema screen (much of the film I watched through my hands, horror film style), it turned out to be a rather wonderful evening, especially as I got to catch up with the wonderful cast and crew and celebrated hard afterwards until 6am. I certainly wish the hangover had "stayed away" on Tuesday morning. Thank-you for everyone's kind comments so far about the film, of course it is impossible to please everyone, but the majority of remarks and thoughts have been very positive and I appreciate the support.
The weekend was made all the more fun this week thanks to Audi. They loaned me their new "mini" rival the Audi A1. I luckily get to test and drive cars now for GQ.COM but the Audi, I thought, deserves a mention on here just for the fact that 1. This is clearly the future of motoring. Compact, light, with a small turbo charged engine; meaning amazing economy but with no lack of speed or power and 2. I didn't have to compromise anything you think you may have to in a small car starting at £13k. My 6.3 frame fitted comfortably, the car exudes style in its design and interior, with frankly more technology than it took to launch a rocket to the moon, add speed and fun into the equation and congratulations Audi, you have quite a special little car.

0 commenti:

Post a Comment