Monday 15 November 2010

New York To London

Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou and David.
A busy week in New York City this week - and what a great city this is. I've spent a lot of time here in the last nine years, travelling from London, and the longest time I've spent here is two months. When I'm here and remember how much I like it I sometimes wonder, “Is it maybe time for a change and to move here?” but currently they're just thoughts. I'm here shooting the Dolce & Gabbana 2011 campaign with Sam Webb, Noah Mills and Adam Senn with Steven Klein - always a challenge and honour to be part of.

New York for me also is a great place for men's shopping. The vintage stores like Tokyo Joe seemed to be stocked with Dunhill suits, Mulberry bags, Ralph Lauren and so many amazing aviator style jackets, all at remarkable low prices. Stores like J Crew, Club Monaco and Barneys offer a great diverse selection too and Century 21 became my favourite place after I saved $4000 on a beautiful three-piece Tom Ford suit!

I was at the airport finishing this blog, and I have to say I was very sad to be leaving… or maybe the Victoria's Secret after show party on my last night that may have given me a biased view! I'd like to thank the wonderful Sophia Neophitou for taking me along and also for a great karaoke evening on the first night that I was in NYC. Sophia is one of the most influential and respected creative forces in fashion and just a little bit fabulous.



The other news this week and probably the worst kept secret of all time is that my film debut has been released. Instead of boring you all here about it, I've answered some questions and talked about it here where you can see the short film too. Everyone has been very kind about it and about my performance so far and Sophia Loren (the director's mum) also called to congratulate me. To say that I was overwhelmed is an understatement but after my initial shyness, she couldn’t get rid of me. The screening is on today at the Electric Cinema in Notting Hill. I'm very nervous as I rather hate watching myself on screen!

I hope everyone enjoys it. It's only 12 minutes long, but I would love to know everyone's thoughts. Fingers crossed...


0 commenti:

Post a Comment