Friday 14 January 2011

2011


Well 2011 has got off to a very good start, or should I say, a very stylish start. I have been voted in the top 20 of 2010's Best Dressed Men by GQ Magazine. Looking down the list, I'm sure there are many entries in the top 20 that will bring up some very interesting discussions, and at first I have to admit that I was very surprised at some of the placings. For example, people like Patrick Grant and David Beckham have a huge influence on the different ways we dress, however, they are placed 14th and 16th. In my opinion, both of them should easily come within the top 10, if not the top 5. What I and everyone else has to take into account is that this is the "style" guide and style is defined as "a way of doing something, a distinctive appearance, design or arrangement". Distinctive and design are the important words here. It's not just fashion and clothing that are the fundamentals to the voting but also character and the profile of the person. For a person who once bought a pair of green trousers thinking they were actually a very fashionable grey (thanks to my colour blindness), I'm very proud to take my 17th place!

Over the festive period, someone gave me probably one of the most thoughtful gifts for a long, long time. I was given a kennel sponsorship at Battersea Dogs' Home in London and am now the very proud sponsor of kennel seven there. I can go and visit the dogs at the kennel and Battersea Dogs' Home keep me updated constantly about the homeless dogs that take sanctuary in the kennel whilst they are waiting to be re-homed. I have witnessed the importance of these warm, safe environments first hand from working in animal sanctuaries on my weekends as a teenager. I've wanted a dog my entire adult life and have grown up with and adored them since I was a baby, but with my life and work schedule - and especially with the amount that I travel - it just isn't possible, but this truly is the next best thing. If you want any more information about Battersea Dogs' Home, how to re-home a dog or to become a sponsor like myself then please visit www.battersea.org.uk or call 0207 627 7882.

One last thing this week. For a minute, forget the X Factor or Britain's/America's Got Talent and the endless people singing cover song after cover song and have a look and listen to Tom Fox Davies, a truly exceptional singer and songwriter. I have been following him for the last few years, just through the internet, and have now been to a few of his gigs and shows - and he certainly doesn't disappoint live. I hope he is given the opportunity soon that he truly deserves.
http://www.tomfoxdavies.co.uk/Tom_Fox_Davies/Music.html
http://www.facebook.com/tomfoxdavies#!/tomfoxdavies?v=app_2405167945

Source: http://www.vogue.co.uk/blogs/david-gandy/

0 commenti:

Post a Comment