Saturday 29 January 2011

Gandy On The Run


DAVID GANDY will take part in the London Marathon in April to raise money for Oxfam.

"I have stopped drinking because I am training for the marathon," he told us. "I feel like a bit of an old man now, being the one that's sober at parties! The training is actually pretty brutal. I ran 15 miles this weekend and I nearly died doing so. I can't imagine running an extra 11 miles or so on top of that. But it is one of those things that I've always wanted to do. It's on the top of my bucket list, as they say: running a marathon and doing a solo skydive. And I'm doing it for Oxfam, so that's helping me get through it."


The Dolce &Gabbana model has hinted at setting up his own charity before on his VOGUE.COM blog (READ IT HERE), and his charity run has given him further inspiration.

"I've been thinking of starting my own charity for a while now, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to have a look around and learn more about how the whole fundraising aspect of it works," he says.
Source: Vogue.com

3 comments:

  1. Correct source, but plz don't tag photos as yours when they are simply re-posted! I know, everybody does it, but it's actually illegal. In case you wanna know.

    Can't wait for the London Marathon ... ah April, still so far away ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...good luck! I can't even imagine running that far EVER!

    Also, I think there's absolutely nothing more rewarding than doing things for others. It gives your life a sense of purpose and meaning!

    http://lisapetrarca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks lisa good luck to you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete